Who Am I?
As a “Computer Magician” I specialised on the “that is impossible” software development cases and on the programs which specifications start with “I had this crazy idea the other day: ...”. In computers nothing is impossible, everything can be done (given enough time and money, of course!)
The last years I have been working on quite a few web / Internet / mobile based projects that fall under the rich Internet application umbrella. Before that I spend about ten years working on the microelectronic industry where the quality standards and the pressure to obtain first time right results are really high.
I have also been wandering around the world “a little bit” so I have learned a lot about different cultures, ways of work and how people interact so I can easily act as a kind of hinge to connect groups of people with distinct work habits.
Freelance Software Developer
July 2009 - Present, Anywhere
- Designing and implementing interactive games and online applications.
- Designing and implementing web-sites both custom made or with the WordPress and Drupal Content Management System.
- Optimising web sites for search engines.
- Developing Facebook applications.
- Developing Rich Internet Applications based on Flash for an UK company with world class clients like Manpower and General Motors.
- Developing HTML5 games.
Innovation Liberator / Software Magician
December 2011 – November 2016, Cali Colombia
- Main responsible for the software development process.
- Providing experience to a group of junior developers.
- Coordinating the work of the different departments.
- Interfacing with the clients and requirement gathering.
- Fighting crime!
Library Characterisation Team Expert
November 2008 – May 2009, Porto Alegre Area, Brazil
- Providing expertise to a group of new recruits.
- Designing time critical and resource intensive electronics related software.
- Being one of the company’s experts on microelectronics and software development related issues.
- Helping defining the long term software development goals and strategy.
- Working with teams members worldwide.
Principal Software Engineer
October 2000 – June 2008, Southampton, United Kingdom
- Designing and being main developer for time critical and resource intensive electronics related software: cell library characterisation software.
- Coordinating implementation with team members.
- Planning test across different sites worldwide.
- Driving customer requirements gathering.
- Evaluation of external tools and methodologies.
- Helping creating better electronic models with external software tools suppliers and working groups.
- Creating various software utilities to extend Electronic Design
- Automation tools functionality.
- CMM level 3 and ISO9001 work environment.
- Providing expert support for microelectronics simulation related issues.
- Keeping up to date with latest microelectronics trends.
- Carrying out investigation and initial tests on new modelling standards.
- Working with teams and customers worldwide.
- Interfacing between external tools vendors and internal groups.
Iris New Media
April 2000 – September 2000, Barcelona, Spain
- Designing and implementing software to control a LAN gaming based business.
- Hardware and software system specification.
- Testing complex systems.
- Being main interface with costumers.
Support IT Engineer
July 1998 – September 1998, Barcelona, Spain
- Customer support.
- Basic server administration.
- Responsible for backups.